Saturday, January 19, 2013

This One is About The Ladies

So it is so unbelievably hot out there right now. I'm not talking desert heat either. I'm talking about swamp heat. The kind of heat that makes you feel like you are wading through hot, wet jello.

Of course as a kid I ran around in this shit all day without a care in the world. And the soundtrack to my summer vacation was the music playing from the boomboxes in my neighborhood; the GAP Band, The Ohio Players, One Nation Under A Groove, Mothership Connection and old school rap music. All brought to you by Dr Jockenstein himself on the Z-100 (RIP).
My First Introduction to Sequence and The Funky 4 +1 More


This is before I discovered punk rock records, pot-smoking, booze-drinking, cigarettes and teen angst. All I cared about at age 11 was the females... Girls and funky old school music. Funky old school music and girls.....

Hmmmmmm.....How about a set of old school rap music featuring lady MCs?

Vicious Rap - Tanya "Sweet Tee" Winley (1980)
Lady B - To The Beat Y'All (1979)
Xanadu & Sweet Lady - Rocker's Choice (1979)
The Sequence - Tear The Roof Off (1981)
Lady D - Lady D Rap (?)

and of course...

Funky Four Plus One More - Rappin' and Rockin' The House (1979)

This One is About The Ladies Rating: 4.5 Diposkan Oleh: Singarimbun