Friday, January 18, 2013

The Units - Warm Moving Bodies

The Units were a Synth Punk band from San Francisco in the late 1970's early 80's. For years I saw one of thier later records at various used record stores. I remember thinking they looked very dorky and stupid. I believe Rachel Webber was wearing leg-warmers.

Anyway, imagine my suprise when I first heard this awesome 45! The a-side really is nothing to write home about but the b-side!!!! i-Night is a brilliant song. In fact musically, it sounds to me like how The Screamers would have sounded if they ever had gotten thier shit together and recorded officially.

Vocally it reminds me of Chrome. So yeah -- if Damon Edge had fronted the Screamers it would sound like i-Night. Lyrically it reminds me of Chrome too. Really apocalyptic and cool:

Invisible man
What i want to be
The crest of a wave
Escaping the sea
A dot of the fog
Evaporating
The part of the wind
That lives in the night

The Units have a pretty ugly BUT informative site on synthpunk.org. Click here to check it out.

The Units - Warm Moving Bodies 7"

1. Warm Moving Bodies
2. iNight

The Units - Warm Moving Bodies Rating: 4.5 Diposkan Oleh: Singarimbun