Friday, January 18, 2013

The First 7inch by The Urinals

The Urinals were a punk band from Southern California. They were a huge influence on The Minutemen and I have always seen them as the missing link between The Minutemen and Wire. Thier second 7inch was MUCH better, but it is also very widely circulated. It contains Ack, Ack, Ack and I'm a Bug which are both pretty heavily covered punk standards these days. Maybe I'll post it down the road.

The Urinals turned into 100 Flowers at some point in the very early 80s. I don't know what happened to them after that. They were recently interviewed in the great Minutemen rockumentary We Jam Econo...so they are still alive. Amphetamine Reptile released a CD with all of thier tracks at some point in the 1990s but I believe it, like all AmRep stuff is out of print (?).

This is the first 7inch by the Urinals from 1978 and it sounds like the band basically set up thier mics in a trash can, closed the lid and then recorded from a block away. Regardless, I like it and since I named my site after it I felt that it should be the first set of mp3s I post.

If I am incorrect about any of the info above, feel free to correct me below in the comments.

The Urinals First 7inch

1. Dead Flowers
2. Hologram
3. Last Days Of Man On Earth
4. Surfing With The Shah

The First 7inch by The Urinals Rating: 4.5 Diposkan Oleh: Singarimbun